Long gone are the simple times when the world was divided into two parts. Or rather one and a half. Man and his responsibility, the woman. The secondary, the passive. Come to think about it, the days of gender inequality aren't even that far behind us, and it still continues to exist and thrive in many parts of the world today. Most of it, in fact. But then, we are progressing. Women are, well, in some parts of the world neck and neck with men. Not in every way there is, but with time, there's hope that we'll get there.
But what happens when progress goes too far? So far that we don't know if it's ahead of our time or if it just doesn't make sense anymore? One look at today's first world sociopolitical problems will give you all the answers you need, although i must warn you, if you're a little underexposed to the muck of the issues that face our youth these days, you might end up having more questions than you started with.
Among the unfortunate perception of gender equality and feminism in first world countries trying to fight patriarchy with matriarchy, we apparently now have a whole spectrum of genders and sexualities, the numbers crossing multiple hundreds. This might seem ridiculous to you and I, but there is a whole section of the society 'fighting ' for the inclusiveness of all the genders, sexualities and even races that keep getting added to these pseudo lists every day.
Now, I'm not going to ask someone to be a certain way or act according to the norm of the society. I won't be offended if a person in a mans body dresses as a woman/a child/a giraffe, because it's none of my darn business. This is the kind of attitude one would expect to be appreciated by these sociopolitical activists, If only it were that simple, though.
Let me first point out some loopholes in the logic behind the claims of all these categories being legitimate and then throw a different perspective on them:
> The misconception that 'sex', 'gender' and 'sexuality' being interchangeable or even similar.
Sex is the chromosomes you are born with. There is male, there is female. Then there is intersex, which is considered a deformity and not a separate sexual profile. Gender is what you identify as or perform the roles of in your daily life. Sexuality is what you're attracted to and aren't.
To think that there are distinctive genders based on whether you like having sex before or after falling in love, with the lights on or off or if you have multiple partners or not...not only does it seem silly and juvenile, it is also unnecessary. It is unnecessary to have to carefully sort yourself into labels and boxes that prove to be of no use in your life as an individual.
> Gender fluidity- The idea of mimicking stereotypical gender roles in order to identify as that gender, while also trying to debunk gender stereotypes and roles.
Now, like I said, i don't personally have a problem with someones behavior or the way they dress. I don't. But I see misinformed youth and adults alike taking on this 'identity' of gender fluidity. The idea is you can identify yourself as male or female, at any time or any day, depending on how you dress and behave. So if I, a hypothetically gender fluid person, wore a plaid shirt and a hat and slouched, I can demand to be identified as a man. And as a woman if i wear a dress and lipstick. Ironically, most of these people also actively oppose associating visual and behavioral traits with specific genders.
> Hypersensitivity and hostility towards a difference of opinion
Especially rampant in the first world, the 'phenomenon' of being 'mispronouned' is a popular way to victimise oneself and villainise the current gender system. Such is the power of being a victim of 'mispronouning' that there are members of the left fighting to make it an act of violence, against the law. Over that, cis people, especially cis white people, are mocked, almost as if it is a coolness quotient. Many seem to be oblivious to the hypocrisy here.
Among many, many others, these are some places where this whole movement falls short of rational demands and beliefs. It is so clearly an attempt to somehow make oneself more relevant, more special than the rest; all in the guise of being a fight for equality, I fail to see how it isn't being debunked yet. All that being said, I haven't much of a problem with the circus that is today's gender crisis, but when it reaches a point where people with a different opinion are being targeted, villainised and invalidated, I can't help but get a cultist vibe from it. I can't help but disagree with the way it functions.
But what happens when progress goes too far? So far that we don't know if it's ahead of our time or if it just doesn't make sense anymore? One look at today's first world sociopolitical problems will give you all the answers you need, although i must warn you, if you're a little underexposed to the muck of the issues that face our youth these days, you might end up having more questions than you started with.
Among the unfortunate perception of gender equality and feminism in first world countries trying to fight patriarchy with matriarchy, we apparently now have a whole spectrum of genders and sexualities, the numbers crossing multiple hundreds. This might seem ridiculous to you and I, but there is a whole section of the society 'fighting ' for the inclusiveness of all the genders, sexualities and even races that keep getting added to these pseudo lists every day.
Now, I'm not going to ask someone to be a certain way or act according to the norm of the society. I won't be offended if a person in a mans body dresses as a woman/a child/a giraffe, because it's none of my darn business. This is the kind of attitude one would expect to be appreciated by these sociopolitical activists, If only it were that simple, though.
Let me first point out some loopholes in the logic behind the claims of all these categories being legitimate and then throw a different perspective on them:
> The misconception that 'sex', 'gender' and 'sexuality' being interchangeable or even similar.
Sex is the chromosomes you are born with. There is male, there is female. Then there is intersex, which is considered a deformity and not a separate sexual profile. Gender is what you identify as or perform the roles of in your daily life. Sexuality is what you're attracted to and aren't.
To think that there are distinctive genders based on whether you like having sex before or after falling in love, with the lights on or off or if you have multiple partners or not...not only does it seem silly and juvenile, it is also unnecessary. It is unnecessary to have to carefully sort yourself into labels and boxes that prove to be of no use in your life as an individual.
> Gender fluidity- The idea of mimicking stereotypical gender roles in order to identify as that gender, while also trying to debunk gender stereotypes and roles.
Now, like I said, i don't personally have a problem with someones behavior or the way they dress. I don't. But I see misinformed youth and adults alike taking on this 'identity' of gender fluidity. The idea is you can identify yourself as male or female, at any time or any day, depending on how you dress and behave. So if I, a hypothetically gender fluid person, wore a plaid shirt and a hat and slouched, I can demand to be identified as a man. And as a woman if i wear a dress and lipstick. Ironically, most of these people also actively oppose associating visual and behavioral traits with specific genders.
> Hypersensitivity and hostility towards a difference of opinion
Especially rampant in the first world, the 'phenomenon' of being 'mispronouned' is a popular way to victimise oneself and villainise the current gender system. Such is the power of being a victim of 'mispronouning' that there are members of the left fighting to make it an act of violence, against the law. Over that, cis people, especially cis white people, are mocked, almost as if it is a coolness quotient. Many seem to be oblivious to the hypocrisy here.
Among many, many others, these are some places where this whole movement falls short of rational demands and beliefs. It is so clearly an attempt to somehow make oneself more relevant, more special than the rest; all in the guise of being a fight for equality, I fail to see how it isn't being debunked yet. All that being said, I haven't much of a problem with the circus that is today's gender crisis, but when it reaches a point where people with a different opinion are being targeted, villainised and invalidated, I can't help but get a cultist vibe from it. I can't help but disagree with the way it functions.
No comments:
Post a Comment